Saturday, June 21, 2014

Last month I had my second Mohs surgery to remove my sixth spot of basal cell skin cancer.  I have been battling this diagnosis since I was 25 years of age.  I since have been researching what makes cancer grows and it all seems to go back to sugar.  I am only 44 years old and a wife and mother of two energetic kids.  I have a lot to live for and want to stay healthy and active for my family.   As I sit watching TV on the couch 1130 at night I decided that this is it!  I need to make a stand to try to eat better, cutting out sugar when possible.  I am praying that this blog will keep me honest in my endeavor.  Therefore, if you find this blog and have some insight for me it will take all suggestion and encouragement gladly and gratefully.  Please join me in my journey.    

2 comments:

  1. I commend you on your journey. I am a type 2 diabetic who was just put on medication to control it. But the meds are not working as we try different approaches with different types of meds. I decided as you to step up and do something myself. So 10 days ago I gave up grains and sugars. One day a week I allow myself to have something bad as my weakness is ice cream. So instead of eating a lot of it, I go buy a single at the gas station mart. It satisfies and I then do not feel so deprived. As I do not want to give up. I am on a journey towards health.
    Please be encouraged and do not give up. Sugars can cause so many things in your body to go wrong. Hang in there. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow your journey and pray for you. As you give up sweets, also change the oils in your diet. Eliminate all oils except coconut (very good for diabetics) olive, and butter. Also consider taking a high quality pro-biotic or start drinking milk kefir and or kombucha daily. ~Blessings to you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete